Progressive Global Automotive Semiconductor Market offers Prospects to Operating Players
The global automotive semiconductor market comprises the use of types of semiconductors such as processors, memory devices, discrete power devices, analog integrated circuits (ICs), lighting devices, and sensors. The flourishing automobile production, electric vehicles, rising demand for advanced safety, convenience & comfort systems accompanied with other factors are flourishing the market with 7.92% of CAGR between 2021 and 2028.
Several operating players are focused on the research and production of innovative products and services. Also, the growing need for connected cars in modern times is pressing for competition internally. On the other hand, embracing advanced technologies like Artificial Intelligence, 5G communication, etc., semiconductor companies will push prospects in the application segment of the market.
Top Companies in the Global Automotive Semiconductor market:
- NXP Semiconductors N.V. is a Netherlands-based global semiconductor manufacturing firm offering automotive semiconductors, wireless infrastructure, lighting, mobile computing, and other applications. The company products range from CAN (Controller Area Network) transceivers and controllers, FlexRay technology to LIN (Local Interconnect Network) transceivers.
- Renesas Electronics Corporation is a Japanese semiconductor manufacturing company headquartered in Tokyo. The company supplies microcontrollers, analog, power, and System-on-Chip devices. It offers products like transistors, RL78 Brushless DC Motor Control, and others for applications in automotive, industrial, home electronics, office automation, and information communication technology.
- Infineon Technologies AG is a Germany-based manufacturer of semiconductors and system solutions. Its product offerings include automotive ICs, microcontrollers, smart card ICs and others. Along with Europe, it operates in the United States, Asia-Pacific, and the Middle East & Africa.
- STMicroelectronics N.V. is a Geneva, Switzerland-based multinational electronics and semiconductor manufacturer. It offers application-specific ICs, Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS), automotive-grade, application-specific standard products, and others for analog, digital, and mixed-signal applications. The firm operates in Singapore, the Netherlands, the US, and other countries.
- Robert Bosch GmbH is a German-based engineering and technology multinational company established in 1886. The company operates in business sectors such as mobility solutions, industrial technology, consumer goods, and energy & building technology. The products offered include automotive system ICs, Bosch MEMS sensors, and SMI 130 combined inertial sensors.
- Texas Instruments Inc. is a global semiconductor design & manufacturing company and headquartered in the United States. It operates mainly in Asia & Europe and offers products such as ADAS, Infotainment & cluster, digital signal processing, analog technologies, and microcontroller. The company provides semiconductor solutions for analog and digital embedded, application processing, and education technology.
- ON Semiconductor Corp. is a US-based company operating primarily in North America, Asia-Pacific & Europe. It provides semiconductor solutions such as analog, logic, connectivity, sensing, power management, discrete, and custom devices.
- Analog Devices Inc. is a US-based multinational semiconductor company that has operations in China, Japan, Europe, and the US. The company specializes in data conversion, signal processing, and power management technology. The products offered are fully differential amplifiers, automotive radar, mixed-signal & digital signal processing ICs, and subsystems.
- Toshiba Corporation is a Japan-based multinational company and operates in Asia-Pacific, Europe, North America, and other regions. The products offered are ADAS, active safety systems, memory devices, optical semiconductor devices, sensors, and automotive microcontrollers, along with advanced electrical products.
- Melexis N.V. is a Belgium-based semiconductor design and manufacturing company. It is one of the leading players in automotive semiconductor sensors, ICs for motor driving, car networking, and wireless communication. It operates in countries like China, Hong Kong, Japan, the US, and others.
Thus, with the rising innovation such as autonomous cars and integration of semiconductor technology by auto manufacturers, the global automotive semiconductor market holds bright opportunities over the coming years.